Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

mage proc factory

Discussion in 'Character Building' started by Jakeman, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    I have always hated procs. That's why I boycott procs with my talent specs. They force you to play whack-a-mole with your buffs instead of playing the game. Wotlk mages are huge proc factories. I honestly think that's why you see so many mages who pull agro and don't stop, because they are so focused on minmaxing their procs.

Tier 8 has been revealed. Look at the set bonuses for mages:

The 4 piece bonus has me rolfing. A chance to proc on a proc? For ****'s sake.

Blizzard is out of ideas so they are adding proc effects for existing abilities.

Attached Files:

2. OsIriS

OsIriS Peasant

Market Rating:
    first, that's mage armor?!?!?! And second :P

3. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Man that is dumb. We go from a 4pc on T7 that's a must-have to a 4pc on T8 that can pretty much be ignored, unless the proc rate is ridiculously high.

Just means the "best" configuration won't include 4 pieces of T8.

4. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    8/8 T2 bonus was pretty awesome and there was that bug were you didn't lose the proc gave them this idea. Pretty much you can keep proc'ing and really boost dps. Definitely a plus for PvP if you got good resilience on your other gear. PvE I'm not too sure but I guess that's why they gave mages Mirror Image and Invis (not that it's used anyways). Most other dual-spec classes already out-dps mages as it is and they can swap out to heal/tank when needed. All mages can do is dps and not much else (besides providing a table).

5. OsIriS

OsIriS Peasant

Market Rating:
    This is why I switched to shaman (and subsequently haven't played in 3 months). I was tired of being a pure DPS class. Was more fun being able to DPS or heal depending on the situation. Probably should have made a druid and I could have done all three.

Hitometer: 53,595,819 since 1995